By dismissal of her 21st-century urban fossilized life, Snigdha Banerjee always daydreams herself in the medieval India and its folklore. Brought up in migratory upbringing, trained with fine arts skills and design application from premium institutes like Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi, IDC, IIT Bombay, National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad under the blissful guidance of Dr. Nina Sabnani, Alka Hingorani and Gayitri Menon.
An avid practitioner of Indian art, this single headed female Ravana disguised her other creative heads under the adorned veil of Storytelling. Being a multi- disciplinary artist she often stretched her broad canvas of 64 Kalas to blur the lines between Performing Art and Visual Art. Her keenness towards studying culture and passion for reviving the traditions can be easily witnessed through her work palettes.The interest area of her work palette lies in practicing Indian art in contemporary visual mediums.
She always seeks her inspiration from the forgotten past to celebrate the future.
Visual Narrative, Evolution of Animation, Indian Art and Aesthetics, Ethnography, Craft Documentation
- Participated in 4 weeks Masterclass by Irina Niculescu on Dramaturgy, UNIMA INDIA, 2018
- Presented work at Design Degree Show 2017, IDC, IIT Bombay as Alumni Speaker
- Participated in "Environmental Narrative " 2 weeks intensive workshop at NID collaborating with St. Martins London College of Arts and Prabhat Education 2017
- Participated and presented work at Doing Graphic Stories Festival,
- Jadavpur University, 2017
- Participated and presented illustration under Riyaaz Academy For Illustrators in World Book Fair, Delhi, 2016
- Film selected @ Chitrakatha '15 International Student Animation Festival, India
- Film won best animated short film @ 12th Annual 24FPSInternational Animation Awards 2015 MAAC
- Film won best animated short film @ 4th My Mumbai Short Film Festival 2015
- Film won best sound design @14th Mumbai International Film Festival
- Film selected @ Holland Animation Film Festival 2016`
- Film won best animated short film @ Delhi CG Animation Awards 2016
- Film selected @ 8th International Children’s Film Festival (ICFF 2016), Lucknow
- Film selected @ Vibgyor International Short & Documentary Film Festival
- Film selected @ 9th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala.
- Film selected @ Kochi Biennale -Signs Film Festival 2016
- Film selected @ Bodhgaya Biennale 2016
- Film selected @ Heritage Film Festival 2016
- Film selected @ 5th Edition of Delhi International Film Festival 2016.
- Film selected @ 13th IAWRT Asian Women's Film Festival 2017
- Film selected @ 6th edition of International Film Festival of South Asia - Toronto
- Film won best animated short film at China ICALF festival 2017
- Film Screened IndieAnifest in Seoul 2017
- Film Screened at NFAI during Film Appreciation 2017