Vikash Kumar is a Design Researcher, and Educator, currently working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Design. He pursued Masters and PhD in Design form IIT Guwahati. His research focus includes - Product, System, and Service design for Sustainability, Social Design, Design Pedagogy, and Innovation through Sustainable Design.
Product-Service System design for Sustainability
Innovation through Sustainable Design
- DES101 - Elements and Principles of Design
- DES121 - Introduction to Visual Communication Design
- CCC513 - Design Thinking for Innovation
- CCC610 - Introduction to the Philosophy of Sustainability
- Sustainable Design
- Design Methods
- Creativity and Innovation Management
- Usability Engineering
- Information System
- Vikash Kumar and Sarthak Mittal, “Smelly Shoes – An Opportunity for Shoe Rack Re-design” presented at International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment (HWWE 2017), Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (UP) to be published in the conference proceedings (in printing).
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “Creativity Tool for Sustainable Design” presented at International Conference on Creativity and Cognition in Art and Design (ICCCAD 2017), NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “What Sustainable Design Means for Novice Creative Designers: An Exploration of Their Perceptions and Mental Models in the Indian Context” presented at International Conference on Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment 2014, IISc Bangalore published as book chapter titled 'Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment: Selected Papers', 2015, page no 335-355, ISBN: 978-62951-818-3
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “Towards Development of a Tool for Integration of Sustainable Development in Education – A Case Study of Design Education in India”, International Conference on Environment and Humanities, Eco-revolution 2013, Pokhara, Nepal, ISBN: 978-62951-818-3.
- Prakash Kumar, Vikash Kumar and Pradeep Yammiyavar, “GUI Based Remote Public Bus Transport Management System for Guwahati with a Proposal for Sustainability Assessment”, Symposium on Human Computer Interaction Design in Virtual Environments -2012’ IIT Guwahati.
- Pradeep G. Yammiyavar and Vikash Kumar, “E-Waste Generation from Mobile Phones and Sustainability Issues for Designers”, International Conference on Research into Design, IISc Bangalore on January 11, 2011; published by Research Publishing, Chennai, titled “Research into Design – supporting sustainable product development” page no 523-532, ISBN: 978-981-08-7721-7
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep Yammiyavar, “Systems Approach to a Sustainable Transportation System - An Overview”, National Round-table technical meet on Hybrid Renewable Energy Sources for Public Transportation Systems, October 2010, IIT Guwahati, Page no 69-74.